Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with saving and/or sharing given web content on a server run by a website hosting provider. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a glance at these. In that way, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to run a blog, e-mail aliases, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by various providers, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file storage accounts are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the load between independent groups of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous site hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain distributors provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a vast number of pics with pals or partners since the solution is generally free of cost. You will get a random link for every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your mailbox accounts. Some firms offer site hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you would like to run an email address with your domain name but do not desire to own a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few video files and several hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to manage as many video files as you want to without hassling about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to own a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At eSOL Hosting, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for specific web content solely.